Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Welcome to "Walk By Faith"

It's funny how just a few days can cause your whole mindset to change. It's funny how just a few moments in the presence of God can transform your whole way of thinking. And, it's funny how just a couple of words can purify any ill intent and cause you to get back to the heart of your own God given assignment. This is what happened to me.

When I started lifeaccordingtomypen, I did so out of frustration. I was frustrated with the reception of my book by publishers and lit agencies. I was upset that, after all the hard work I had put into it, nobody was trying to pick it up. So, after watching "Julie and Julia," a movie based on the true life story of a woman who blogged her way through a Julia Child's cookbook, I decided to create my own blog. At the time, I had no desire to blog for the glory of God. I had every intention of blogging for the recognition of Calvin. Thank the Lord for a renewed mind.

I've come to a place where I understand that no matter what I do I must do it for His glory. Everything that I set my hand to should reproduce God's glory in some manner and if it doesn't than I have no business doing it. It is my prayer that this blog will be a blessing to you. Thank you all so much for taking the time to read. Come back next week for my first official post. Thanks again, God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment