Saturday, August 28, 2010

God's Assistance

Welcome to Walk by Faith. I am so honored that you took the time to visit. This week I decided to go into my archives. About a year ago, the Lord gave me an article about "God's Assistance." I decided to share it with you guys. I pray that you are blessed.

In basketball, an assist is a pass that leads to a point being scored. Without the point being made there is absolutely nothing special about the pass.

In our Christian walk, we often ask God for help. We pray that the lord would help, or assist, us to obtain peace. We pray that He would help, or assist, us with patience. But, in all honesty, it is not His help that we want. We want the Lord to do it for us. We don't want His assistance. We want Him to make it happen with no effort on our part.

A pass is an opportunity. The person who receives the pass is responsible for how the opportunity is maximized. At some point in your walk with God you will have a moment were you will say, "God where are you? Why aren't you helping?" It is at these times when you should reassess the situation. Instead of complaining, which only sours your mood, began to say, "Lord show me how to maximize the opportunity that is set in front of me."

When you start taking the perspective that my situation is God setting me up to score, you look at His assistance in a whole new light. So stop complaining that God is not assisting you. Start beginning to look inwardly and see if you are taking advantage of the opportunities, even those that seem bad, that He is affording you.

Walk By Faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment