Sunday, September 12, 2010

Calvin's Poetry Corner


Welcome back to Walk By Faith. This week I wanted to do something a little different. I wanted to share some poetry with you guys. I am currently contemplating putting together a collection of my poems. Prayerfully, you will like this. This one poem, in particular, is dedicated to the most amazing woman that I know. My beautiful wife, Rayanna, is my muse, my lover and my friend. See you guys soon...please enjoy...and spread the word about the blog! Calvin.

Husband
I am the head
I don’t say that to be chauvinistic
Or reduce my wife to a pair of pecan colored legs that peep from beneath an a-line skirt
She is more than a foot clad in 4 inch heels or barefoot and big bellied
I respect the part that she plays in adding wealth to my name by giving birth to legacy
She is strong because after all she is the one that has to breathe
He He Whoo, head, shoulders and legs pushed through elevated hips
She is the voice of wisdom and to hearken is wise
But, to be led solely by one who was never supposed to lead is foolish
True, it seems somewhat primitive
This idea of submission in marriage
That an attitude of servitude and gratitude increases the magnitude of love’s success
Though I respect her as an equal
And, she would be likened unto wind if I were an eagle
I know that my family is more my responsibility then hers
To some of you that may sound absurd
It is my charge to keep them warm and fed
Loved and covered
In the end my name is what they carry
I am the head

No comments:

Post a Comment